How To Boost Skin Immunity With Vitamin C + P
By Susie Willis
UNDERSTANDING SKIN IMMUNITY
The skin is the body’s largest organ, and as the first line of defence it's no surprise the term skin immunity has come up.
Our skin plays a huge role in our immune system. As the first barrier of protection to the body, it has its own unique microbiome which needs a combination of key micronutrients and immune-friendly ingredients to support and boost the skin's immunity.
The skin's defence mechanism encompasses three primary components:
Physical Barrier: This crucial defence mechanism acts as a shield, preventing irritants, pollutants, and harmful microorganisms from infiltrating the deeper layers of the skin.
Innate Immunity: Within the layers of the skin, immune cells remain vigilant, ready to counter any potential threats. These cells swiftly identify and respond to pathogens, thwarting infections and inflammation.
Adaptive immunity: The skin ‘remembers’ past encounters with specific infections. This ability equips the skin to respond more effectively to future threats, showcasing the versatility and resilience of the skin's immune system.
BOOSTING YOUR SKIN IMMUNITY WITH MULTI-VITAMIN HYDRA BOOST
Vitamin C and Vitamin P are essential antioxidants found in our Multi-Vitamin Hydra Boost 7 Day Radiance Boosting Serum that contribute to the skin's immunity and overall health.
- Antioxidant Properties: Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that helps neutralise harmful free radicals in the skin, which are generated due to exposure to UV radiation, pollution, and other environmental stressors. By reducing oxidative stress, vitamin C supports the skin's ability to repair and rejuvenate itself.
- Collagen Synthesis: Vitamin C is crucial for collagen synthesis, a protein that provides structure to the skin. Collagen helps maintain skin elasticity, firmness, and a youthful appearance. By promoting collagen production, Vitamin C aids in wound healing and scar reduction.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Vitamin C has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe irritated and inflamed skin. It can be beneficial for conditions like acne and rosacea.
- Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory: Vitamin P is an antioxidant that works alongside Vitamin C by enhancing the antioxidant effects of Vitamin C, helping to combat free radicals and reduce inflammation in the skin.
- Supports Blood Circulation: Certain type of Vitamin P such as hesperidin, found in Multi-Vitamin Hydra Boost 7 Day Radiance Boosting Serum, can improve blood circulation and strengthen blood vessel walls. This can contribute to healthier skin by ensuring proper nutrient and oxygen delivery to skin cells.
- Skin Tone and Texture: Vitamin P may help improve the appearance of the skin by reducing redness, blotchiness, and uneven skin tone. They can also support the skin in achieving a smoother texture.
By incorporating Vitamin C and Vitamin P into your skincare routine you can enhance your skin's resilience against environmental stressors, promote collagen synthesis for healthier skin structure, and reduce inflammation, ultimately supporting the skin's immunity and overall vitality.
The Multi-Vitamin Hydra Boost offers a 7-day revitalising ampoule regime. Formulated with a distinctive vitamin blend and skin-boosting actives, it provides support and protection against daily environmental and lifestyle stressors while restoring radiance and luminosity, instantly revealing a healthy glow. Pores appear minimised, and the skin feels firm and plump, unveiling a more youthful complexion and strong and supported skin immunity.