It’s official, we’ve survived another winter and our skin – not to mention our bathroom shelf – is begging for some spring cleaning. So what better than purging your overflowing bathroom cabinet and embracing clean, non-toxic, cruelty-free skincare.
For starters, happy skin starts with an uncluttered, more purposeful shelf. Like many of us, our bathroom cabinet can often become overrun with products we touch once and never reuse – for a variety of reasons.
A few Top Tips to get the ‘uncluttered’ ball rolling:
- Go through all your products (responsibly) and get rid of anything that has been there for longer than six months. When it comes to clean skincare, without synthetic chemicals to preserve long term, they do have a “shelf life.”
- Ask yourself what your skin truly needs vs. what only looks good on the shelf. Form over function is just more clutter for your cabinet!
- Commit to clean non-toxic skincare and re-think any product with synthetic chemicals and preservatives.
Now that your bathroom shelf looks photo ready, when it comes to making your skin spring beautiful, we at Romilly Wilde emphasise skin health – the active way – above all else.
Our Top Tips to achieve healthy skin:
- Circulate – increasing blood flow to the skin will nourish skin cells with oxygen and nutrients as well as promote the drainage of impurities. So get to steaming your face (there are some great home steamers out there) and commit to a facial massage routine, even five minutes a day works wonders!
- Exfoliate – rid the skin of dead skin cells and slough away to newer, brighter skin. Beware of harsh exfoliators and stick to an organic muslin cloth instead.
- Nurture – use products with active plant cells that aid in skin repair and regeneration. Our nutrient-rich, plant powered Night Duty Face Cream and Power Pair, will go a long way in restoring tired, stressed skin, giving it that spring, pink glow.
- Protect – as we’re entering into higher SPF season, invest in a good mineral-based sunscreen and make it part of your routine.
So as we say goodbye to winter, venture forward with a clean and conscious spring in your step!